Gobi 65 is most popular starter or appetizer in India. It is a spicy deep fried snacks. This is also a famous street food. This is made by deep frying the half cooked cauliflower in flour batter along with indian spices . This is very easy to make and most tasty starter. This is perfect starter for party . This can also be serves as side dish for pulao or fried rice. Lets look how to make this starter.
Preparation Time:15 mints| Cooking Time : 45 mints|Severs: 250 grams
Gobi / Cauliflower - 250 grams ( 30 florets )
Oil For deep frying
Turmeric - 1/4 tbspn
Water - as required
Maida / All purpose flour - 2 tbspn
Corn Flour - 3 tbspn
Rice Flour - 1 tbspn
Turmeric - 1tspn
Red chili powder - 1 tbspn
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbspn
Garam masala - 1/2 tbspn
Soya sauce - as per taste
Salt - as required
Curry leaves - few
1. Chop the cauliflower in to florets . In a pan add 2 cups of water along with little turmeric and bring it to boil . Then add the cauliflower florets and turn off the stove. Keep it for ten mints. Then drain the water and allow it to dry for few mints.
2. In a mixing bowl add Maida,Corn Flour,Rice Flour,Turmeric,Red chili powder,Ginger Garlic Paste,Garam masala,Soya sauce. Mix well . Then add the required salt and water to form the batter .
3. Then add the cauliflower florets to the batter . Mix well together and allow it to get coat well. Set aside for ten mints . Heat the oil in a kadai for deep frying.
3. Once the oil is hot . Keep the flame in low and add the florets to the oil for deep frying. Fry it well on turning well both sides. Once the bubbles stops remove the cauliflower from oil.
4. Add the florets to the paper towel and remove the excess oil. Repeat the process for entire florets . Fry the curry leaves and add on top of it.
Now the Gobi 65 is ready to serve.
Adding curry leaves is completely optional.