POORI MASALA / POTATO MASALA
Poori Masala is the most popular tiffin variety or breakfast item in India. Poori masala is nothing but the subji made of mashed potato along with onion and green chili . This poori masala is also called as potato masala. This same masala is used for masala dosa. And it can also be had as a side dish for roti.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 30 mints|Severs: 3
Potato - 4 medium sized
Oil - 3 tbspn
Mustard seeds - 1 tbspn
Channa dal - 2 tbspn
Green Chili - 2
Ginger - 1 inch chopped
Curry leaves - few
Onion - lengthwise sliced (1/4 cup)
Water - as required
Turmeric - 1 tspn
Hing - 1 tspn
Salt - to taste
Besan flour - 1tbspn
1. Wash and cut potatoes into 2 and pressure cook for 3 whistles with little water. Allow it to cool down, peel the skin.
2. Heat kadai with oil and temper with mustard seeds , channa dal.Once the channa dal turns golden then add ginger,green chilies,onion (lengthwise) and cook until onion turns transparent.
3. Once it turns transparent add the mashed potatoes and mix well . Then add the required water, salt , turmeric and hing. Allow it to cook well.
4. After 5 mints mix the besan flour with little water without lumps. Then add it to the potato gravy . Once it thickens add coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Serve it with hot poori.
My Notes :
1. Adding besan flour is completely optional. It helps in thickening the gravy.
2. If you like tangy flavor you can add tomatoes along with onions.
#gravies #sidedish #poorimasala #potatomasala #urulaikizhangumasala #aloorecipes #potatogravy