Poori is the most popular bread variety that can be had as breakfast or snacks or for dinner. This is made by deep frying in oil. This is served with potato masala or with some bhaji masala. It can be made very easily and quickly. The puffy poori always tempt us more . Lets see the procedure of making it.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 15 mints|Severs: 15 poori
Wheat flour - 11/2 cup
Maida - 2 tbspn
Fine Sooji / Rava - 1tbspn
Salt - to taste
Water - as required
Oil - for deep frying
1. Take the wheat flour , maida , rava and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the water little by little and make it to tight dough. Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
2. Smoother each balls without any cracks. Then flatten the balls and make the balls into round shaped poori . Heat the pan with oil and add the pooris to deep frying.
3. Fry in on both sides until golden and the bubbles stops. Then remove it from oil. Repeat the process for all pooris.
Serve hot and puffy pooris with Potato Masala.
1. Adding maida is completely optional . Instead of maida you can add wheat flour itself. If you make in wheat flour you get golden color pooris.
2. Make the dough stiffly. And roll the pooris not too thick nor too thin. So that it puff up well.
3. Adding sooji to the pooris will keep crispy and puffy for long time.