Chili Paneer is a Chinese cuisine starter dish which is very simple and easy to make. This is made of Indian cottage cheese fried with capsicum and sauce. This can be had as side dish for fried rice , Hakka noodles , pulao. This can also be had as a snacks . This is the most suitable appetizer for the party and get together.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 20 mints|Severs: 3
Paneer / Indian Cottage cheese - 200grams
Corn Flour - 2 tbspn + 1 tspn
Red chili powder - 1 tspn
Black Pepper powder - 1 tspn + 1 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil - 4 tbspn
Garlic - 2 cloves
Capsicum - 1/4 cup (cube sized)
Onion - 1/4 cup (cube sized)
Tomato - as per taste (optional)
Spring Onions - little (green part)
Chili Sauce - 1 tspn
Soya Sauce - 1 tbspn
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbspn
Water - as required
Coriander leaves - optional
1. Cut the paneer into bite size pieces . In a mixing bowl add the 2 tbspn of cornflour , a tspn of red chili powder , pepper powder and salt to taste along with paneer. Mix well with little water . Rest it for ten mints. Then heat the pan with oil and shallow fry the paneer until golden brown.
2. In same pan with the remaining oil , add the garlic onions cook for a minute . Then add the tomato and capsicum.Toss it well. Add the spring onions and all the sauces one by one. Mix well.
3. Mix the tbspn of cornflour with little water and add it to the pan along with remaining pepper & salt . It ll be little thick. Then add the fried paneer and toss well. Add the coriander leaves and serve it.
Now the chili paneer is ready to serve.
1. I added tomato and coriander leaves as i like it . Its completely optional.
2. You can also add 1/4tbspn of sugar , it enhance the flavor and taste.
3. You can increase or decrease the spices and sauces taste as per your taste.
4. If you like instead of shallow frying you can deep fry the paneer.