Vazhakkai chips is very simple and easy to make. It can be made in less time. It can be had as a side-dish for variety rice,sambar sadam ,etc.. In this similar way you can make potato chips , sweet potato chips or the mixing of all chips which we do it for pongal . Lets look at the steps of making this.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 15 mints|Severs: 3
Raw Banana / Vazhakkai -1
Oil - For deep frying
Salt - to taste
Chili powder - to taste
1. Heat the oil before cutting vazhakkai .Trim the edges of vazhakkai and peel the skin. Slice the vazhakkai into thin slices using chips cutter or knife.
2. Drop the vazhakkai immediately in the oil. Fry it on both sides . Once the bubble stops remove the vazhakkai from oil.
3. Repeat the process for all vazhakkai. Then add the salt and chili powder as per the taste .
Serve the chips as snacks for teatime or as side dish for rice.
My Notes :
1. You can also slice the chips directly to oil if you are comfortable.
2. If doing the slices separately drop the chips soon.