PANEER BUTTER MASALA
Paneer Butter masala is also called as Paneer makhani which is the most popular side dish for roti , naan , paratha and with pulao . This is the famous dish in all indian restaurants. This is the rich and creamy gravy with the combination of onion tomato and paneer . paneer is the rich in protein its also called as indian cottage cheese. Here comes my simple way to make this delicious gravy.
Preparation Time:15 mints| Cooking Time : 25 mints|Severs: 3
Paneer - 200 grams
Onion - 1/2 big sized( roughly chopped )
Tomato - 2 small sized Roma tomatoes ( roughly chopped )
Ginger - 1 inch( roughly chopped )
Garlic - 2 cloves( roughly chopped )
Cashew paste - 2 tbspn (optional)
Kashmiri Red chili powder - 1 tspn
Salt - 1 tspn
Garam masala - 1/4 tspn
Coriander powder - 1/2 tspn
Sugar - 1/4 tspn
Fresh cream - 3 tbspn
Butter - 2 tbspn
Oil - 2 tbspn
Kasturi Methi- 1 tspn ( Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
1. In a pan heat the oil , add the ginger , garlic . Once it turns golden add the onions . Saute well till the onion turns pink.
2. Once the onions cool down add it to the blender along with roughly chopped tomatoes and grind it to a smooth paste.
3. I used store bought paneer today. I already cut to my desired shape and stored in freezer. If so remove from freezer and soak in warm water for few mints until its soft. Then strain the water and keep ready. If you are using home made paneer then u can add it straightly.
4. In a pan heat the butter and once butter melts add the red chili powder keeping heat in low flame . Mix well and add the grinded onion tomato paste to it . Mix well and turn the flame to medium.
5. Add the coriander powder , garam masala and mix well. Cover with lid and cook till raw smell goes . It will splutter more as we use raw grinded tomatoes.
6. Cook until the raw smell goes then add sugar and salt. Mix well again and cook till it blends together.
7. Add dry fenugreek leaves and give quick mix. Then add the paneer (indian cottage cheese). Cook for few mints. Once done add the fresh cream and turn off the stove.
Now the paneer makhani is ready to serve.
1. Today i did not use the cashew paste. Its optional . If you want soak 5 cashew in warm water for 15 mints. Grind it to a smooth paste and add it while adding the onion tomato paste.
2. I added Kashmir red chili powder for color if u want u can add ordinary chili powder also.