COCONUT MILK RICE
Coconut milk rice is a type of rice variety that is made of cooking the rice with whole spices,green chili in the coconut milk. This is the simplest and easiest variety of rice . It can be had with the spicy gravy or kurma .
Preparation Time:15mints|Cooking Time : 15 mints|Serves : 3
Oil - 3tbspn
Rice - 11/2 cup
Coconut Milk - 3 cup
Onion- 1/2 big size
Mint leaves- fistful
coriander leaves - fistful
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1tbspn
Whole Spices - As required
Salt - 1tbspn
1. Soak the rice for half an hour to one hour. Today i used ordinary cooking rice, You can also even use basmati rice. For coconut milk you can add water to the coconut and extract.
2.In a Pressure Cooker add oil , whole spices of your choice, Ginger garlic paste, onion,green chili and saute well until onion cooks well.
3. Add the mint leaves , coriander leaves and rice by draining the water and mix well. Then add the coconut milk and give a quick mix.
4. Add the salt , mix well and pressure cook in medium heat for two vessel and turn off the cooker. Allow to cool completely and transfer the rice to serving bowl.Now Rice is ready to serve.
1. You can use store bought coconut milk to make process easier.
2. You can add fried cashews or fried onions to enhances the flavors.
3. You can also add green peas .