This kurma is a best south Indian sambar variety that goes well with Idly or Dosa. It is very easy and simple to make. It is perfect one for morning breakfast side dish. This is the sambar made mainly with the flavor of tomatoes. The coconut paste is also added in it to enhance the flavors. Lets look at the steps to make this kurma.
Preparation Time:10 mints|Cooking Time:20mints|serves:4
Tomato - 2
Coconut - 5tbspn
Oil - 3tbspn
Mustard seeds - 1tspn
Tomato - 1 big
Onion - 1/2 big
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tbspn
Curry Leaves - chopped
Coriander Leaves - chopped
Salt - 1tbspn
Sambar Powder - 1tbspn
Turmeric - 1tspn
Garam masala - 1/4tbspn
1. Make two medium sized tomatoes into puree. Grind the coconut to a fine paste. Chop one big tomato and Half big onion roughly. Also chop curry leaves and coriander leaves finely. Make ginger garlic paste ready.
2. In a Pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter then add the chopped onions & ginger garlic paste. Mix well and cook for a min.
3. Once onion cooked well add the tomatoes and salt. mix well and add the sambar powder, Turmeric and Garam masala one by one.
4. Once all the masala mix together , then add the tomato puree stir well. Then add the water and adjust to your desired consistency. Then cook the gravy until the raw smell goes by covering with the lid.
5. When the gravy cooked well add the coconut paste to it.Cook it for a min. Add the chopped coriander and curry leaves to it. Then the kurma is ready to serve.
Serve it with hot idles or dosa.